CINDER 1.4" by Kershaw
A value-priced high-chromium stainless steel, 3CR13 stainless steel is a type of Chinese steel created for affordable and durable blades. 3Cr13 has added alloys to improve the steel’s wear and corrosion resistances making it a tough metal highly-capable of everyday use. Additional vanadium in the metal mixture adds strength to the handle scales
Depending on the knife’s design, Kershaw’s non-reflective stonewashed finish may be either pronounced or subtle, but in both cases, it transforms the blade by creating a fade-resistant, scuffed look that hides smudges and fingerprints. A stonewashed finish, achieved by tumbling a blade with ceramic stones, enhances a blade’s rugged appearance as well as its indestructibility during field use.
With two steel plates, or liners, on the inside of each handle scale, the liner locking system safely secures the blade open and prevents unwanted blade closure. The lockbar butts up against the blade’s backend to prevent closure, and angles or is bent towards the blade tang creating a bias locked position. Apply manual force to move the lockbar to the side and fold the blade back into the handle.
- Thumbstud smoothly assists blade’s manual open in classic style
- Liner Lock securely lock blade during use; steel plate moves behind open blade to prevent wiggle and unexpected fold back
- Open length: 4 inches; closed length: 2.6 inches, slightly longer than average key, making it perfect for keychain carry
- Uniquely small yet capable for daily tasks; two-toned wonder opens packages, breaks down boxes, trims stems, cuts duct tape, twine and rope, notches wood and more
- Kershaw backs its knives with limited warranty for lifetime of original owner; knives are guaranteed against defects in material and construction and to perform as advertised